Saturday, November 05, 1977

Billy Beer & Devil Dogs

Dry and broken,
bones rattle like a baby's toy
thoughts skip like a warped record...
Laughter tumbles over my lip and plummets,
screaming, to the waiting floor.
I've beaten the clock, so it's broken,
and time's turned slow on me.

Big Voodoo K-mart man,
Laughing at me through the gaps in my logic -
Every where's the same!
Can't get change for money no more -
Can't get the eye of day or time contact.

Thirty-two tin cans buys me a beers.
Mayhaps a sweetie for my troubled soul,
a cookie for my angry poet's aborted vision...

I want to meet God someday.

I's going down to the Majic-Market,
seein' if I can catch him there.
Yous welcome to come with...

Best keep your distance though.
I don't think too straight much more...
Oh but I don't hurt nobody!
And my momma, she loves me.
She lives there in the park, right underneath the grass.

I like you - I bet she will too.


.

No comments: