Monday, November 01, 2010

Sociologica Obscura

I heard you were
Driving in the trees
Walking on the moon

I heard you had some pictures
When the Police showed up.

They took your stuff away
What use they got for it anyway?
That blonde wig never did fit
I tried it out on Labor Day
You remember when she gave you it?
Yeah…
Hair is just like hers, some say.
Yeah.

They took them two bullet casings
From when you shot your dog
They took all six gloves you had
Said you whispered, “Kali’s got delicate hands…”

Heard they took your sonograms.

Well they weren’t yours anyhow
I mean
They weren’t your baby, I don’t know
Not the one in her belly, I mean, but then
Is that one yours? I don’t know.
Shit sorry man.

I ain’t never seen a sound like that.

Hell, they took your photograph
They took your teeth, all eighteen
Took the can you kept them in
What’d you say? Found ‘em in a trash bin?
Probably’d never know…
They came from that one guy tugged that boat across that river.
Which one was that?

Who the fucks got something like that these days?
Well them I guess.
Said it came from some animals
You know I don’t believe that.

She saw you at the Post Office
By that big board full of faces.
These days you seem the same…
Beaten. Like a head in a box.
Except your photo aint the same
Cause don’t nobody want you.
That’s what she said. Ha.
Shit sorry man.

Why people always strange around you?
Don’t seem right, don’t seem fair.
Shit.

Sorry man.

No comments: